The projects set up by Solid International all adhere to the principle of corporate social responsibility. Their ecosystem is based on a hybrid model in which a number of economically profitable projects contribute to social assistance projects, which are subdivided into Solid Crafts and Solid Agriculture. So, every euro invested is utilised two-fold.
Solid Peru projects:
- Manta: An artisanal craft workshop where underprivileged women and teenage mothers knit blankets, hats and scarves for export, like the hats in our Ayacucho® collection.
- Día: Crisis centre where underprivileged teenage girls live independently with supervision and learn to develop skills to improve their well-being.
- Avelac: Western-style dairy farm that offers goods and services for the improvement of livestock farming and of the living conditions of the farming families in Ayacucho.
- Jovem: Practical, high-quality, agricultural educational programme focusing on sustainability, which offers local youth a brighter future while stemming the tide of those same young people fleeing the countryside for the cities.
- Solid Food: Honest cooperation among the agricultural families in Ayacucho for the commercialisation of Andean crops, like quinoa.
- Familias Saludables: Intensive cooperation focussing on health, well-being and housing for exceptionally vulnerable families in the mountain communities of Ayacucho.
Solid Kenya projects:
- Taita Traditional: Handmade, naturally dyed baskets made of sisal. This project significantly strengthens the position of the women in the Taita community.
- Wildlife Works: 100% organic soaps in a variety of shapes, sizes and scents, made by three women in exchange for a good wage and medical insurance.
- Hadithi: Coordinating organisation that teaches women’s groups to promote the sale of their handiwork products and to improve their living conditions.
Solid India projects:
- Paces Crafts: A sustainable handicraft workshop in the Ranchi countryside that provides local weavers and underprivileged women with training and an honest, fair income.
- Jaan Foundation: Protection, support and childcare for children who have been the victims of slavery and child abuse, with rehabilitation as its goal.