What is warranty?
All products that you purchase at A.S.Adventure are warranted against fabrication and production defaults (for example: loose seams). The warranty period is 24 months, starting from the original date of purchase. Defects that were caused by accidents, negligence, wrong usage and normal wear and tear are not covered by warranty (for example: tears or holes).
Covered by warranty (proof of purchase < 2 years)
Option 1) If you have a question or remark regarding the quality of an item, you are more than welcome to visit your nearby A.S.Adventure shop. We will have a look at the defect and, if needed, accept your item for further inspection.
Option 2) You can also always contact our customer service who will gladly assist you; please make sure you send a picture of the faulty item and provide a clear description of the defect. When we need to send the item to our supplier for further inspection you will receive a Bpost label (free of charge) after which we will do the necessary.
Attention: In case of option 2, make sure you clearly indicate the location of the defect on the faulty item or explain clearly which part doesn’t work anymore. The more elaborate your description, the quicker we will be able to help you.
What are the conditions to return a warranty claim?
- You have a valid proof of purchase of A.S.Adventure (issued within the last two years.) If you used your Explore More card when purchasing the item, we can find your purchase in our system.
- Your item doesn't show any signs of wear and tear, incorrect use, or incorrect use by third parties (e.g. a suitcase that was damaged by airport transport isn't covered by warranty but is an insurance question for the airport).
A.S.Adventure will contact the product’s supplier. The supplier ultimately decides whether a product is covered by warranty or not. If your product isn’t covered by warranty, it will be returned in its present state or it will be considered as a non-warranty claim and will be treated as such. (see next).
When your product is covered by warranty you will receive a replacement, a repair, or store credit for the amount purchased.
Please consider an average waiting period of 4 weeks.
Not covered by warranty (proof of purchase > 2 years)
When your item is out of warranty we advise you to go to one of our A.S.Adventure stores or to contact our customer service to see what we can do for you. Our coworkers are aware of the latest procedures and available price lists for repairs.
- In some cases, suppliers offer a longer term of warranty on certain defects:
- E.g. Eastpak offers a 30-year warranty on a broken zip slider.
- In other cases, the supplier will offer a replacement of the same item at a reduced price:
- E.g. Garmin will offer a (charged) replacement for the exact same item.
- However, in most cases the supplier will offer a charge repair:
- E.g. Replacing the main zipper of a Jack Wolfskin jacket (if repairable) = €65
- E.g. Resoling (without bumper) of walking shoes such as Lowa = €89,95
- E.g. Replacing a zipper of a The North Face backpack = €19,36
What are the conditions to return an item out of warranty?
- You have a valid proof of purchase of A.S.Adventure (in this case the date of purchase is of no importance.)
- In case you do not have a proof of purchase or you only you have a proof of purchase of another retailer; you can only make a claim through one of our stores. We will ask a one-time fee of the minimum amount of €25, partially covering transport and administration costs.
- Please make sure you approve a cost for a repair before handing in your item. That way we can guarantee a quicker follow-up of your case.
- Please make sure your item is clean and dry when presenting it in store, otherwise we cannot accept it for treatment.
The after sales department of A.S.Adventure will contact the supplier of the faulty item. The supplier may always refuse an item out of warranty. Although in many cases, as stated above, the supplier will offer a (charged) repair or replacement. In this case you will receive an email with a cost estimate or an alternative proposal.
Please consider an average waiting period of 4 to 6 weeks.